Shocked

• 8 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer Her2 stage 4 which has spread to my bones and liver. I am 38 and struggling to come to terms with the diagnose, I only found out due to bad pain I was experiencing. I have been told it’s incurable, I am due to start chemo on Thursday I am feeling very scared as I don’t know what to expect 

• Dear Lekkie,

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and I can imagine that your mind is everywhere at the moment. I hope you are under the care of someone who can guide you through this, answer all your questions and help you to understand the treatment plan. There are a lot of people on here with more experience than me who can tell you about their experiences, but I couldn’t read your message and say nothing. I just wanted to send you my very best wishes and I hope you manage to find the support you need x

• Thank you for your kind words. I have my pre assessment today, I am hoping to come away more informed about my treatment plan, trying to stay positive x

• Can you request immunotherapy? Apparently, your body will attack the cancer that it previously did not recognize.

Prayers and hope.

Cyn

• Hi Lekki, I'm so sorry to read your post,  it is so hard to hear the word incurable,  I too have had my breast cancer return for the 3rd time,  mines triple negative as I have the Brca 1 gene, I'm starting chemotherapy om Friday and having immunotherapy every 6 weeks,  we have got to try and stay positive and hope and pray that our treatment works and can get it under control sending special thoughts and prayers to you x

• Would this be the first time receiving immunotherapy??

• Hi yes before I just had chemotherapy,  this time it's metastatic as I have a nodule in my lung and one around the lining of my heart,  it tested positive for the PD1 protein so hopefully the pembrolizumab will have an effect 

• My treatment is going to be chemo with immunotherapy, lumpectomy and 3-1/2 weeks of radiation. The immunotherapy will alert my autoimmune system to recognize cancer and attack it.  It is amazing that we now have more tools to fight this disease and end it from reoccurring. 

• Hi Lekkie 

Im so sorry that you are going through this.  Im 36 and was diagnosed with breast cancer this year January 2024.
    I am ER positive her2 negative. I recently found out lymph node was also tested for cancer after my surgery but it didn’t show on MRI. I In the meantime my consultant referred me to have bone and CT scan to check for any spread. Now will be waiting for two weeks.
    What symptoms did you have?