• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi to everyone I am new on here was diagnosed with liver and pancreatic cancer about five weeks ago and it's all been a whirlwind as it all started end of october.just don't know where my arse is hanging at min . trying to get pain under control so it's trial and error and on so much all different some for bowels.,..no sorted,some for pain,now Creon for the pancreas.daughter in denial.had to give up work now on benefits so a huge drop in money as was live in carer.

• Hi again  

I don't have this type of cancer but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies from the group members. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier to see,

I'm hoping that your pain is now under control but, if not, please do get in touch with your hospital team so that they can prescribe something for you.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Spoke with my palliative nurse yesterday and basically it is due to the Creon working which I understand but the family don't and it causes a lot of friction it's not doing no good to my mental health etc.sunday night I was very poorly and my nurse suggested going into hospital but my daughter replied I can't as who will look after the dog when she is away from Fri for ten days.

• I'm sorry to read how difficult thing are with your daughter. I'm not quite sure from your reply whether she's an adult or a child but I'm assuming from the fact that you've said she's going away for 10 days that she's an adult. 

I know it's difficult, and I'm sure you don't need me to tell you, but you really need to be putting your health first and looking after your daughter's dog second! If you can't talk to your daughter about your cancer, do you think it would help if you got a health professional to talk to her?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"