New diagnosis 3 weeks ago

• 4 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hello I am new on the site and even though I have had Cancer twice now,  1st time Breast cancer, 2nd time Kidney cancer in 2021 this is the 3rd time that I have been diagnosed now with liver cancer.

The Cancer was found after my last CT scan in August 2023.

Since then I have had Ct scan MRI and the last was a Pet scan.

All I have had so far is an electronic letter and the same letter by post stating that the MDT team think that this is likely to be a Cholangiocarcinoma.

That was on the 21/11/23 , I am now completely in the dark regarding when I will be able to start treatment plans, what kind of Chemotherapy I would be offered,what stage my cancer is.

I have not been seen by a consultant or a doctor.

Needless to say Im at a loss.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll both find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you're now dealing with a third cancer and I can empathise having had two cancer diagnoses myself. However, I haven't had liver cancer but I'm responding to you to 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list.

Have you been assigned a CNS for this latest cancer diagnosis? If so, give her a call and she should be able to answer your questions about treatment plans, etc. If you haven't been allocated one yet then call your consultant's secretary and she should be able to put you in touch or tell you herself what is planned.

While you're waiting for replies from other group members, it would be great if you could put something about your recent diagnosis into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook,

Thank you for your kind words, knowing that I am not the only one that has gone through a multiple time of cancer is reassuring. I have text my CNP for kidney cancer, as that is the only person that I know who has been involved with my case.

I have also been in touch with the cancer care coordinator at my local surgery and informed her that I have had no communication, other than the copy of the MDT meeting that took place on the 21/11/23.

She said that she would get in touch with my CNP to see if I could get an update.

With my last couple of bouts of cancer I was called in to see the Consultant, and I had it all explained to me, what the outcome was, and the treatment plans.

So this is what I am now waiting for.

• I am also in the same position awaiting results liver biopsy results, which was done 3 weeks ago and not heard a thing.up until then it was a whirlwind of tests,scans appts all I know is that I have liver and pancreatic cancer and it's untreatable.the results will determine if I can have chemo medication as that's all that's available.. Trying to get pain under control at min .At least you know which cancer it is Hun but still not an excuse for keeping you in the dark.Its hard enough with what we are going through.love and thoughts Hun keep me posted xx

• Hi Cathy62 I  am really sorry to hear that you have been left in the same situation as me.

So sorry that you have also been diagnosed with liver and pancreatic cancer.

This is unbelievable, the amount of stress you must be under is unimaginable. I have now had a letter to see the Oncologist tomorrow afternoon at 3.45, and hopefully I will then have some answers.

I don't know if I am imagining it but there seems to be so many more people now with cancer then when I was younger, but maybe it's just in my imagination. Please keep me updated on your progress as these posts are a little light in the tunnel.

Thank you also for reaching out.

Zita