HCC & TACE

• 4 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hi there 

back in March 2020 I had half of my liver removed as I had a large tumour growing on it - later confirmed to be cancerous - HCC.

In January of this year, one of my regular scans showed 9 new tumours on my liver.

I have just undergone my second TACE treatment of these tumours.

Has anyone else been through this? How successful has it been? 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have the experience with TACE that you're looking for but I noticed that your post hasn't had any replies yet.

I've use the search bar in this group to look for previous posts which mention this treatment and found these. You could have a look through some of them and reply to the more recent ones if you think the posters can help you further.

While you're waiting for replies it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there Blush 

my partner is in a very similar situation to you. He had surgery to remove a tumour in January and it was confirmed to be HCC. Within 7 weeks 2 more tumours have appeared so he’s due to have TACE on 26 April. He’s having his treatment at Manchester royal infirmary. The consultant said it can be an effective control and he has one patient who’s had it 11 times over 8 years. How did you find the TACE side effects? Sending you love and lots of positive healing xxx

• Hi 

So sorry to hear your partner is going through the same.  I was talking to one of the nurses after my second round, she said there's been a patient going back for TACE for 7 years, so yes, it does give some hope x   The side effects weren't too bad, they were like having flu, very tired, achy & feverish, this only lasted about 4 days, then I just found that I was very tired and no energy for about a week after that.    Sending lots of love to you both too.  Hope it all goes ok xx

• Thank you Blush Lots of love xx