Left with a diagnoses but no solutions

• 3 replies
  • 15 subscribers

During an MRI scan for another problem (my back) a lesion was identified on my liver. This was back in April. A biopsy was suggested but bu july I had heard nothingf further from the hospital. Finally after prodding by my GP  the hospital said that unfortunately the need for a biopsy had been overlooked and in early December a further MRI scan was carried out followed by a biopsy and cancer was confirmed. I am now being left over christmas and the new year for yet another MRI scan and reference to a cancer hospital some 30 miles away. Reading some of the comments on this site I am terribly worried that things have been left so long that the cancer may have become untreatable and terminal. Apart from this I live alone and have no idea how to get to the  cancer hospital 30 miles away. The only way seems to be by train but if I am put on treatment I don't know how I'm going to be able to travel to and fro.

• Sorry to hear that there was such a long delay for the scan. I often wonder if they had done mine a few months earlier, would things have been different?

Even if you have terminal cancer, there are treatments that can prolong life for one or two years in many cases. (Obviously I don't know your situation.)

The treatment I am having (MAB) is hard, but I am OK on the day of treatment so I can drive myself to the hospital. 

I hope you get a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan - is is very hard not knowing what will happen in the future.

• Thanks. I get the verdict in two days time,

• Hi. I'm so sorry for you diagnosis.  Regarding travel arrangements i do know some hospitals will put on transport for you via a taxi service.  I hope this helps in some small way.