Liver cancer metasteses

• 1 reply
  • 15 subscribers

I was diagnosedcwith bowel cancer in March and it has spread to my liver. I've had chemo Capecetibane but it did not reduce tumours on liverc and there are two tumours on the other side of my liver. I was hoping for a liver resection but this was not possible.

I will now have more chemo after Christmas. I was psyched up to have the op (have had a portal vein embolisation. Hopefully the next lot of chemo will shrink some of the tumours. My late husband died of kidney cancer and it's a bummer living on my own. I have two daughters, one of whom lives in Bristol and she and her sister have been wonderful.

• Hi

I'm sorry to read that your bowel cancer has spread to your liver and that the liver resection you were hoping for has not been possible.

I had a different type of cancer but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. This might be because you've posted in the primary liver cancer group and treatment will be different. Could I suggest that you post your message in the secondary liver cancer group, which I can see that you've joined, as you'll then connect with others who have this type of cancer. If you'd like to do this clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Wishing you all the best with your chemo

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"