A year to the day of the op, I'm in with the SABR consultant!

• 2 replies
  • 16 subscribers

I was registered to join this Macmillan org by my wife; but I never did after the operation. On 25th June 20 the surgeons' (one had to be called in) found the cancer had infected five organs. Originally my surgeon had an idea that my illness was more than just a gallbladder problem.  He wanted to see that I was fit enough to undergo major surgery and so it happened: a six hour operation and five organs and part of my stomach removed!  So maybe you can see why I never got involved with any support group.

Told that I was now stage 3 liver cancer six weeks after the op, I was transferred a chemo consultant in Portsmouth.  Five months into the medicinal course I had a mini stroke and was told to stop.  So a lot of letters scans and consultations later I'm sat in front of a senior radiosurgery consultant in Guildford exactly a year to the day of my original op. 

CT and MRI scan over standby for the Stereo radiosurgery in a couple of weeks.  What I'd really like to know, from anyone out there is personal experience after 5 treatment sessions of high energy x-rays.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

Whilst I don't have the experience you're looking for I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so replying to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list.

I typed 'SABR' and 'stereotactic ablative radiotherapy' into the search bar at the top of the page to look for previous posts on this topic but only found a few that were very old so the posters might no longer use this community. However, you could do this and reply to any that you think might be able to help you further if you wanted to.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• lie on your back in your molded plastic for 30 minutes see if there are any patterns on the ceilnig go homerepeat a couple of days later