Second time around

• 2 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi, I was diagnosed with lung cancer in February last year, told it was inoperable and terminal but chemo and radiotherapy would help buy me time. Well, despite the fact that I reacted very badly to both treatments they actually worked and my post treatment scan showed the tumour had shrunk to almost nothing and I was going to beat it! Sadly, the three month follow up scans have found secondary cancer in my liver in several places. Bit of a blow and I am not sure that it has even sunk in properly yet despite having had my first immunotherapy treatment. I have several other health issues to be dealing with as well and while I am a fighter and stay as positive as possible I am getting to the point where I am not sure how much more I will be able to deal with. I can't take care of my home properly because I have real trouble with my breathing and the pain, I tire out so quickly and feel exhausted most of the time but I can't sleep properly... Its just all becoming a bit too much to be honest. Sorry to go on and introduce myself with a major moan!! 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read how much you are having to deal with and how exhausted you are feeling. Have you spoken to your GP about how you feel you're not coping? The GP can arrange for all sorts of professional support for you including having a social care needs assessment to see what help you might need at home.

Could I recommend a couple of other groups that you might like to join based on what you've said about your cancer diagnosis. The first is the lung cancer group and the other is the secondary liver cancer group. Both groups are great places to ask questions, share experiences and get support rom others who have the same type of cancer as you.

If you'd like to join these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hey  grannanB …I’m new too ..liver metastes or whatever it’s called …it’s terminal etc etc sent home from hospital told by doctors

“die in your own home”…told no treatment ..rotten GP in fact outrageous GP

live got a hospital bed in my dining room and carers 4 times a day 

not dead yet, but read your life as it were …about all the things you’re experiencing and I love your Major Moan…

its not a moan it’s a …don’t dar3 say! But it’s a necessary state of being!
    I’m fluctuating presently between anger and tears and hilarity 

oh I’m a woman live in London and am a granma …

lots lots lots of strengths to you :)

SAVVY