Liver lesions found on ultrasound

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 11 subscribers

I am new to this site and looking for help. I have had a fullness feeling under right rib cage. Other than that I am healthy feeling ,fit and 53 year old female. Dr expected me to be having gallbladder issues. Had abdominal ultrasound and two lesions on liver were found. They were described as hyperechoic hepatic lesions. Measuring up to 1.5 cm.  Lesionmay rwpreswnt hemangioma although other etiologys could’ve considered in the appropriate setting. I don’t understand all of that. Having an MRI next week. I am physically ill with worry. Anybody have any insight? Thanks in advance. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I found  I had liver cancer in July last year. one at 1,5 cm and one at 3.5 cm. Belatedly they started TACE treatment last Sept which concentrates chemotherapy directly at the cancers, which is much better than many chemo  treatments where the chemo goes around the body, There were 3 overnight treatments and I have just heard that they have managed to successfully immobilise both cancers which means that I am back to where I was before last July, i.e. no active cancer but still vulnerable - great news! I have had no pain and felt healthy throughout, the only side effect was tiredness which has gradually got better since I found I was oversensitive to beta-blockers.So dont get distressed, there are treatments out there. The scans will direct your consultant on how to treat the cancers.  Of great benefit to me was having a good diet and keeping fit - i.e. regular gym workouts -thoroughly recommend! See also my letter last June [below].

Howard.

ps never be afraid to question the doctors if you don't understand them and have someone with you when you see them, to make notes on the meeting - it si so easy to forget what the doctors say!