immunotherapy side effects

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Hi everyone, I am currently on immunotherapy, about to have my third cycle of it. I have had mouth ulcers for at least three weeks and the meds they have given me are not really helping. Any ideas of what I could try to help get rid of them ?

• This is very common on the head and neck forum.  Whilst it's not your cancer. The group very active and this is frequently asked 

• I had a form of stomatitis in my mouth when first taking Tacrolimus. Having been a dentist, I knew full well that I would be put on a merry go round to get this checked out, so first I read up on what I was formerly taught about these problems which in fact can have a bewildering variety of causes. I noted that zinc deficiency can sometimes manifest as mouth ulceration so I decided to test this hypothesis by supplementing with 15 mg Zinc Picolinate. Within a couple of days all the soreness was gone. I have tapered down the supplementation to about two pills a week and the problem has never come back.

P.S. Now I think about it, I did get another attack of stomatitis after a combined flu and Covid vaccine so certainly the little understood causes of this issue do seem to be immune related in some way.

Martyn.