Extreme Itching - terminal liver cancer

• 2 replies
  • 14 subscribers

My mum has been battling with cancer for the past 3 years. Sadly, it has now got the better of her and there is nothing more than can be done. 
we’re finding the support at this stage is almost non existent. 
The doctors don’t want to know, and refer us to Arthur Rank hospice, who also don’t seem to be able to help. 
my mum is so itchy and can’t sleep, it’s like torture. She has steroid cream and antihistamine, but they are not doing anything. 

Has anyone got any advice for what we could do? 
anything would be appreciated!

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your mum is feeling very itchy and is having trouble sleeping. This sounds very unpleasant for her and must be very worrying for you.

I don't have any similar experiences to share with you, as I had a different type of cancer which didn't have these symptoms, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you join and post in the supporting someone with incurable cancer group as I'm sure you'll find people there who can tell you how to go about getting the support that both you and your mum need. If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing posts by clicks on 'reply'.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• My husband has this itching it keeps him awake . They gave us some cream for it.