Frustrated

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Sorry to rant. After a year of tests, at my last consultation, it was agreed that another mri was needed and if the tumour stayed the same size of had grown we would decide between ablation and tace. Just had a call from Ninewells  to say mri showed no change, tumour is still 2cm, which is great news but under review and another mri in 4 months. Do I have to accept this decision??

I am in a lot of pain and getting no answers. Not sure what to do now. Any advice appreciated 

• Hi Angie1382. I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. Have you spoken to your oncology team or GP about this? I don't know if you are already on pain relief.

It is great news that the tumour has not changed, but as you were expecting a different outcome to watch and wait, I can see this will be very frustrating. You can ask for a 2nd opinion, and I do know many people who have done this during their own treatment. You can speak to your Oncologist about this, or if you feel uncomfortable doing  this your GP can arrange this for you. 

If you need to speak to someone about this then please do call the support line on 0808 808 00 00. It is a free call number and they are available 7 days a week from 8am til 8pm.

Wishing you all the very best. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Re pain relief - I am getting some meds but need to review with go. My consultant has said that they don’t think the pain is coming from my tumour but definitely liver pain. It’s not really being looked at I feel. I went to go with pain last April. A tumour was found but pain not really dealt with. I agree about a second opinion and will contact consultant. Your feedback is really appreciated as I feel a bit lost right now x