Heat and Pain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

My daughter has metastatic liver cancer and all treatment with chemo has been stopped. She has a learning disability and other health issues. Our biggest problem at present is pain management. She is being managed by the community team but her skin will suddenly become v hot around the areas of pain. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any advice? The pain is very erratic, and we are all struggling.

Thank you for listening. 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your daughter has liver cancer and is experiencing very hot skin when she gets areas of pain. Whilst I don't have any experience of this to share with you I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I typed 'hot skin' into the search bar in this group to search for previous posts which mention this but drew a blank I'm afraid. I presume that your daughter's community team are aware of this problem and that they are stumped too.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your daughter's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope that her team can get on top of this pain soon.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"