Primary Liver Cancer / Haemochromatosis

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Morning,

So my mum has been diagnosed with primary liver cancer after years of unknowingly having Haemochromatosis (Iron overloading) which has caused damage to her liver, given her diabetes, and other issues. She has been exceptionally lucky with her treatment having TACE (which failed) and two rounds of ablation which has kept the tumours at bay for the past 6-8 months.  They are now back and growing quickly so she is back having TACE this weekend in the hope that they give her some time. I lost my Dad to lung cancer many years ago and feel that I'm on the edge of that same dark cliff again mentally.....  Has anyone else here had a loved one get primary liver cancer after Haemochromatosis ?

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your mum has been diagnosed with liver cancer. It must be an incredibly tough time for you both.

I don't have any experience with this type of cancer but I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses. I typed 'haemochromatosis' into the search bar in this group but only found one other post that mentions it. If you want to do the same you'll see that the post says that haemochromatosis is one of the causes of liver cancer.

You might find joining the family and friends group helpful for you as it's a safe and supportive place to share your feelings. Clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there if you want to join.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your mum's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"