Anyone out there taking Vidaza/Azacitidine injections for relapse BMT?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi. My Dad is being treated wth Vidaza in the hope of getting into remission so he can then go to London to have a vaccine trial for early relapse of BMT with AML. Our struggle right now is finding him hope in people who have succeeded with treatment post early BMT. His prognosis back in June was he has weeks/months to live. We are trying all we can to turn this horrible thing around.xxx We are seeking anyone with similar experiences please to help him with encouragement and hope.

• I know this was 7 years ago but what happened? My mum is in this position right now x
    Nicola1115
  • Hi 

Welcome to the leukaemia forum and sorry to hear about your Mum. I can see that you haven't had any replies to your question and I am afraid I don't know the answer either. I would try the AML forum as you are more likely to get a response there. If you click AML then it will take you straight there and you can try asking.

Hopefully someone will be able to help with some information.

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.