What were your symptoms?

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all,

Just wanting to ask others to share their symptoms pre/post diagnosis is absolutely fine - I feel it may help those who come looking and wanting to hear personal stories - like myself.

I am new to all of this and google really doesn't give personal symptom stories any credit and thus they can be hard to find.

My current symptoms are (as I am on the journey to getting a diagnosis):

Fast heart rate

Breathlessness/Dizziness

Bone pain

Swollen gland (just the one)

Itchy skin 

And tiredness

• Hi  I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups. I don’t have Leukaemia but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low Grade Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of the diagnosis journey rather well.

It will be interesting to see the replies you get. From my 23+ years living with, being treated for and supporting others with Lymphoma and other blood cancers you could line up 10 people who have been diagnosed with the exact same blood cancer and get 10 completely different answers as to pre diagnosis symptoms.

In my case, in all my 23 year I have never had a blood test that pointed towards anything that would say Lymphoma, I had none of the classic B symptoms that people have...... I only ever had a small developing rash on my back.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge