Newly diagnosed with CLL

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Hi all, 

im 32 mum of 2 boys 10.7. I was diagnosed with CLL on the 27th May 2022. I’m totally blindsided I have no idea what’s in front of of me, what to expect. I haven’t told my children yet until I have more answers I wouldn’t even know how to start that conversation I thinking of telling them during their summer break so they don’t have the pressure of school as swell. ive also been offered a new job and I’m not even sure if I should be making future plans. 
it’s so hard listening to friends and family make further plans and all I want to is to make sure I live long enough to see my boys turn into men so I know their happy and doing well.

I welcome any advise or if anyone can tell me about their experience.  

• Hi,Amie I have had CLL for over a year and it takes time to get used to.  Just take one day at a time and have faith in your doctors they will try to put you the right cause of treatment. Took a while for the doctors to put me on the right Kimo drugs and after a while settled down, now have monthly infusions in my arm as well next time your at the hospital call into the Macmillan support have a chat with them in time it will be more easier for you to talk about your fears of what’s a head. I have a few blogs on the CLL and how it affected me  ERN CLL