Stunned happy delighted confused

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

Hi anyone else had this happen, I was diagnosed with Acute Myloid Leukaemia, Severe Neutrapina and MDS that was a month ago! The consultant advised I get my things in order, inform my wife and children and take everyday as a bonus as I didn’t have long left! I needed blood transfusions weekly etc, After a visit to a provincial hospital I was told they didn’t have my bone marrow test results to hand but going by what my consultant said she said I have approximately 1-2yrs, and she later called me to confirm that I gave MDS, no chance of stem cell transplant or harsh chemotherapy due to my other conditions  but they would consider other lighter treatment to hopefully prolong my life!
Imagine when I went to my consultation today I’m told by another consultant oh I have some good news we have all the results of the bone marrow test and it appears you don’t have Acute Myloid Leukaemia, but I do have neautrapina and MDS so will need further treatments.
But I’m just stunned! Happy so very very happy but stunned that the diagnosis was so wrong. 

• hi

Looks like Friday has come early for you this week. Fantastic news. I guess the symptoms and blood results must have been very similar to AML but great they have ruled that out.

Let's hope the treatment for the neutropenia and MDS treatments work well and you can get back to life as it was before!

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.