Help Please required

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi 

I’ve had a fever for no known reason for a year, with increasing fatigue and sweats. 

I have recently spoken to a haematology consultant and had blood tests for everything from haematological cancers to HIV and beyond. I am awaiting a two week rule full body CT. Then I will speak to her again in approx a month. This just feels like ages, if something was flagged in the bloods - done last Friday. Then will she call me earlier? 

Anyone have any experience of similar. My GP referred me to heam as they suspect haematological cancer. 

Any help/ thought appreciated. 

• Hi

Sorry it has taken a while to have a reply. I was wondering if you had heard anything yet? Normally if there is a problem with bloods your GP / consultant will get in touch with you. Have you tried contacting your GP to see if they can access the results.

I am sure it is horrible waiting and being in limbo waiting to hear something. When I was diagnosed with Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia I had been feeling not right for about 4 months.. Nothing major to begin with just some dizziness.. at the end i had some chest pains when I took myself to A & E. The symptoms were caused by being really anaemic and then the blood results showed it was leukaemia and I was told within a few hours of entering A&E so my diagnosis didn't really involve waiting for anything.. 

Hopefully you will hear something soon and fingers crossed it will be something less than leukaemia which can be easily sorted out.

Good luck and take care.

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.