Post Leukemia Support Groups for children

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hello there.

Does anybody know of any post leukemia / cancer support groups or meetings in the Northants / Beds / Cambs area.

My daughter is now 7 and was treated for ALL from 2015-2017. It was obviously a traumatic time, made worse by the fact that we lived in Dubai when she was diagnosed and returned to the UK for treatment. She wants to talk about her experiences with kids that have gone through what she has as she is feeling a bit confused and scared, bless her!!

I have made quite thorough investigations and have found nothing.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community. So goor to hear that your daughter has come through her treatment for ALL, but the post treatment journey can be hard at the best of times.

I am up in Inverness - so not much help........but you may want to try the following:

Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 to be very helpful even if all you want to do is talk with friendly person that can help in lots of ways and they have a data base of information to look at.

Have a look in our Local Macmillan Support Groups link.

Up in the Highlands people have to do long journeys for all reasons and post cancer support is just the same so its not unusual for people to do a 4 hour round trip to Inverness to visit our local Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing. I see there are a few outside your area but you could call them to see what is available.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge