Thought all wa good now have to go for radiotherapy and chemo 

Although was told at first was very small contained early cancer 

And I  shocked and worried about the treatment and effects 

• Hi jango

Thank you for this

You to been through a tough time

And are really positive which is great 

Mine to was a lesion on the left vocal cord 

And after second surgery they said six weeks radiotherapy Monday to Friday now have said no chemo needed 

But have managed to speak to my McMillan support and that’s helped a little although I really don’t want to go through it I need to and stay positive to 

If I leave it god knows wat cud happen next and if I have it done praying all is good and never have this again 

I to have said I won’t have peg feed or the other like you I will try ice cream and soft things 

Did u find u got a ore mouth or dry and if so is it getting better also hoarse voice or no voice ? 

This is so surreal I can not get my head round it 

And feel I don’t have nothing wrong although they have told me maybe I’m denying but don’t feel ill and scary to think this is going to make me or cud make me bad ect 

• Sorry thought had answered 

I Did ask and they said I need done 

And on the paper. I see 70 percent although a McMillan nurse said 95percent 

So maybe good but still bet scared 

Praying all comes good and looks like u are doing brilliant 

And I’m kinda scared not to but scared to havie it arghh this so surreal 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Paulineg1

Hi Paulineg1, I could not have surgery as anaesatists say I am to big a risk (that's cause I have cardio problems nothing to do with the cancer),my nurse told me to have lots of cold drinks and I didn't get dry or sore mouth may work for you when it came to swallowing they gave me a medicine called oxceticane maybe if you get probs they can offer you something all I kept was thinking of my PMA positive mental attitude keep that and you will be ok I'm sure I still have hoarse or little voice but my cancer was advanced but that was because my local hospital missed it for 8years kept telling me had laryngitis I have been left with a compromised airway and am on home oxygen and have a portable unit for when I go out.i still go to outpatient every 8 weeks and they have tried alot of procedures so I have fulll trust in my team and they never give up so please just put your trust in them in sure they wont let you down.im 62 years old and if I could go through it I'm sure you can and come out the other side oh the only real. side effect I got was extremely tired but if you can sleep when you can its good for you also if you want to feel less tired go for a walk helps a bit once your treatment starts you'll find it not as scary as you think easy for me to say but really it isn't take care keep us informed if you want to talk just message jango.

• Hi there 

My first surgery was to trim vocal cords as my voice almost went for months  

That’s wen they realised wat was actually wrong and worse than wat they thought 

Second surgery was to remove the lesion and do more biopsies 

Although originally had planned six weeks radiotherapy no surgery 

So after they had meeting that’s wen decided to do surgery and thought I was not having the radiotherapy 

Was shocked to find out still had to have 

And now they want dental work done before mask fit and treatment starts 

All seems so slow and with Xmas ect coming it’s a worry 

Anyway I will try wat I said about cold drinks and ask about anything to help with mouth they have given me some dissolvable paracetamol and some mouth wash and some other stuff u dissolve in water for mouth got that all ready 

I will put my trust in them and u help me be positive as seems u have been through a tough time 

I am 53 

I also having a problem as before surgery I gave up smoking and wen I found out was having other treatment got anxious and silly I turned to smokes as they calmed me down 

I’m now having a job packing up I know I will do it but hard right now can’t belive I even went back to them 

I do suffer anxiety panics so think that’s why 

I even get moments of thinking about all the awful things can happen and have doubts about having it done but know I have to

I am also sad that U were not diagnosed sooner as same for me I just hope like u they keep an eye on me during and after 

Well I keep coming on here for support and also to share my help if I can 

U have really helped me 

Thank you 

Pauline 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Paulineg1

Hi I had eye cancer 2 years ago, ive had a hoarse voice for 3 weeks now and im being referred what was your first symptoms before diagnosis thanks 

• Good evening Tempange,i never had any symptoms as such and my voice was ok and no hoarseness. What I had was a boil type thing on my neck which once checked was a cancerous tumour. I'm not sure if tonsils will give you a hoarse voice, let's hope the biopsy does not show anything sinister, wishing you all the best, take care.

Chris.

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• Hi I am sorry I was not around to answer ur question been tough times did u get to find out wat was going on and if so how did it go 

• I have been in ENT system for a year,biospy x3 and finally they have come back to say I have a tumour on my vocal chords at the very top..just seemed to take ages to diagnose. Been told yesterday  that I gave to have six weeks RT and chemo, 30/3 ,had a teeth scan as might have ti have teeth removed...great stuff..not seeing oncology doctor till10th h November before mask orctreatment starts...now worried what if tumour spreads?

• Sorry to hear this but seems it's the same for me triple surgeries biopsies kept saying high grade dysplasia of vocal chords until another ent Dr did biopsy and invasive squamas cell carcinoma of left anterior false chord alongside high grade dysplasia on right side both vocal chords too I haven't been able to speak for over a year now everything for me is happening too slow I was having laser surgery yesterday but it was cancelled as pre op nurse wouldn't approve me fit for surgery as I have lung disease and was wheezy . So now I'm in limbo waiting with no one actually doing anything for me.iv started taking natural supplements and off label meds to try to keep it at bay for the moment . I wish you well and hope you get sorted real soon x