Side effects

• 2 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Hi everyone feeling a little bit in limbo as still waiting for my biopsy results to start treatment, been just over a week.

I've been struggling alot with low back and hip pain this week, it's hard to describe but I can't walk for more than a few minutes without  feeling like I have run a marathon. Its worst at night as I can't lay in 1 position for more than 30 minutes so very broken sleep.

Before I had my diagnosis of cancer I was beginning treatment for arthritis so I'm not sure if this pain is separate. I haven't been able to speak to my care nurse and was wondering if anybody experienced similar and if treatment helped.

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read how much you're struggling.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I hope your team can get your pain under control soon.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Morning Sweet21Pea, I have arthritis and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in April this year. The pain is horrific, i struggled with day to day tasks and sleeping. I am currently on 50 mgs of slow release morphine twice a day, i have oromorph as well which i take 3/4 times a day, as well as paracetamol. I’m on 2 types of immunotherapy and it triggers my arthritis so I take steroids currently 20mg a day which are a massive help. I’m still in some pain when I do too much, I have a wheelchair for going shops etc. I have a walking stick and a trolly like thing at home with a high seat in the kitchen. This all happened to me so fast, I have a very physical job and I’m only 49! So definitely steroids help me along with measured pain relief. Hope this helps. Keep in touch and let us know how you are progressing. 
    take car X