Hello, Kidney cancer and side effects

• 7 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello there, I'm 33 year old female, married with 2 children. I was diagnosed with cancer on my kidney 2 weeks ago. Bit of background. I have suffered with back pain for 2 years been given physio. 4 weeks ago I started with foot drop in my right GP arranged MRI scan. 1 week later I began with foot drop in my left foot I went straight to A and E and was admitted to hospital as they suspected I had cauda equina syndrome. I was also struggling with balance. I got an MRI scan next day  they told me I had a cyst on my kidney that looks abnormal and needs further investigation they arranged an ultrasound and a CT scan. They then told me I had a 6cm tumour on my right kidney and said they needed to do an MRI scan to check to see if it had spread to my brain. 5 days later I had the scan and luckily it hasn't spread to my brain. I was discharged last friday got an outpatients appointment with urology on 27th March and waiting for an appointment with neurology. the consultant wasn't sure whether these symptoms were related to cancer or not. Has anyone else had these symptom

h  

• Hi Laura150716

Wow! That’s a lot to have chucked at you in one go. Glad you’re being seen soon. 

not same symptoms but I had suffered with a bad back for around 7 years, put it down to whiplash after a car crash. However since I have had my kidney removed I have no back pain coincidence or not, I don’t know. Will find out when i go back to work and sitting in car all day but for now it’s gone. 

When something happens like this you think back and some bits start to make sense. 

• Hi Laura, I haven’t had the same symptoms as you, b ut just wanted to wish you all the best.

I found the not knowing was the worst situation to be in. 

Take care and let us know how you are doing. 
    Big hugs Jules x

• Thank you for your reply. Im hoping it is all linked and there is not something else going on x

• Thank you i will do x

• Thank you im hoping it is all linked and not something else x

• Hello yes I havle was  admitted with similar symptoms thought it may be neurological or cauda equine.

found a 17 cm tumour right kidney and I had no kidney symptoms 

due to the size I didn’t get a biopsy tumoir

and kidney were removed 8 weeks

later. The tumour was T2 and hadn’t spread so just on monitoring at the moment

sadlt the other symptoms remain post surgery with no real explanation 

Neurology says to try and live with symptoms and see if they improve

• Thank you for your reply. I have had an appointment today. Getting my kidney removed at some point in April they have said. I really hope your symptoms improve and wish you all the best