Pain after surgery

  • 4 replies
  • 63 subscribers

Hi, just joined this forum today. I had a tumour removed from my kidney 2 weeks ago. Recuperating nicely at home until last night when I had horrendous pain Roy d my stomach & back which made me feel quite sickly. Was wondering if this is just normal part of aches & pains after surgery?

  • Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

    I'm sorry to read that you've been experiencing horrendous pain since having surgery and I'm hoping that since you posted this the pain has now gone. If not, you should contact your hospital team as soon as possible for advice or NHS111 if you can't get through to your team.

    I don't know if this pain is normal or not, as I'm not a member of this group, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for the other group members to see it.

    While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

    Community Champion Badge

     "Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

  • Hi Sabrina , just wondered how you are feeling now? Jules x

  • About a month after my op I had sudden and very intense pain in my back - it was like being stabbed. I rang 111 and they sent tgevparamed

  • I had a similar experience, the pain was sudden and really intense. As it’s only two weeks can you ring the SAU - I think I was given access to them for  4 weeks after the operation. If not I’d definitely try the doctor or 111.