How long will I have to wait ?

• 5 replies
  • 47 subscribers

I had a partial nephrectomy of my right kidney on 13 June. The operation went well and apart from infected stitches all went well. A kidney mass was removed and a nodule. The hospital have said I will be seen at B after a MDT in six to eight weeks. Maybe I am worrying unnecessarily and they will get round to me eventually ?

• Hi Ej7861 welcome to the forum and I hope that you are recovering after your op. Its only just gone 6 weeks since the op so still time yet but if it helps to reassure you then why not give them a call and ask when you might be seen and get those results. Its the waiting part that is the worst and you are not alone . 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• I probably need to wait a bit longer. It is difficult to get through to Urology at our local hospital the phone rings and rings unanswered. I had my surgery at one hospital and follow up is at another. My Urology nurse is also on maternity leave

• Any further news? 

• Sorry but no new news yet.

• I have spoken to the Urology secretary at my local hospital. As I had  the surgery at another hospital they have not sent the papers over yet. She said the follow up might not be until the end of September. The surgeon is behind. Unfortunately the usual fiasco. If I don’t see him on the NHS I might have to go privately again.