Scan results

• 12 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Just had my routine  (3 to 4 monthly) CT n MRI scans. Now gotta think of something else for next 2 weeks lol till I get the results at my clinic appointment.

Who else still frets? 14 years on from my  original nephrectomy plus umpteen secondaries I certainly do. But I'm still here, thank goodness

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hope you can relax a bit. Not easy I know.

Nearly 24 years after my nephrectomy I am still on the treadmill. Scan results this afternoon. Having a Tai Chi class first so maybe that will relax me. 

• Thanks Maybug.

So encouraging too to finally know of someone who's  lasted longer than me , especially as my oncologist refers to me as an " anomaly" lol. Think he means (statistically) I should b dead. Not yet, I'm too stubborn.

Good luck re results this afternoon. Let me know how u get on pls xx

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • I still get that way just over 17 years after my nephrectomy, plus other ops, treatments, etc.  You just keep on going.  I say it's my stubborn genes and go get attitude.

Ormebeau

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to buttercup01

The oncology nurse says I’m not unusual but reading this blog I haven’t seen anyone else with a similar experience. I’ll let you know how I get on. More nervous about the new consultant, if I finally get to meet him. I felt really confident with the old one.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

flOralwOmen

At my last scan the chap sat opposite me in the waiting room was in handcuffs. Never found out wether his two friends were helping him over scan phobia or just that Her Maj wanted him to return home that night.

She must get lonely with Phil in Sandringham all the time.

I still wonder wether they took the cuffs off or he escaped by crawling through the scan tube.

I’m in a lot of pain at the moment but my last scan results were fantastic.

I hope yours are too.

• Thanks so much Titus for making me laugh!.

They'd have had to take the cuffs off to do the MRI, - unless they're non- magnetic metal?.Glad your scan results were fantastic. Hope u can get some pain relief sorted.

Sorry for odd spacings. It seems to have gone doolally.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Bring stubborn definitely helps. Me too!

• * Being lol

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to buttercup01

Still haven’t seen the new consultant. The registrar got off to a bad start by talking about a scan I’d had three months ago but once she got on track she explained everything very fully. Nothing has changed which she said was good news but I’m a little disappointed after having some reduction in tumour size previously. At least that’s over for another three months. 

• Congrats on nothing's changed . As u say, that's it for another 3 months. Give yourself a little treat to celebrate x