Discomfort and tightness Nephrectomy

• 15 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi All, I hope everyone is ok. 
I'm 2.5 weeks in post op (see bio)  my flank pouch feels very tight ( is that because my abdominal wall is knitting itself back together??) I feel that all my left side feels tight and hard not rock solid but just not right. I've started laying on sofa, getting myself down very slowly and sliding across. Propped up with two pillows. Laying slightly at an angle as to not put pressure on my left side. However I only do this when my husband is here otherwise not Tom sure how I'd get myself up ! 
Has anyone else experienced extreme tightness in the flank area where the kidney was removed?? Unsure whether to contact my GP, or am I just being too optimistic, feeling like everything should be more normal now.. I was feeling very positive a few days ago and now because of this it's set me back a little x 

• I'm sure I was given an emergency number...did you want me to try and find some details?? It may be different for each area.

• Did you wince?  When did you start driving? 

• No, I left it a few weeks and took it easy. It did go through my mind that, the longer I left it the more apprehensive I'd be!

• Yes I agree! I'm a worrier by nature... worry just drains you!! I might try, in a week or so but how the discomfort is at the moment probably not the right time! My sick note is until 31/7 but if I'm not ready, I'll extend. How long did everyone have off work!? Part of me wishes I didn't work so that I can recover properly in my own time! 

• I had my op 4 days ago . Was keyhole . Joshua Hemmit done a great job doing this by keyhole (10x8.4x8.4) They send me home next day. Yes i had pains but nothing big. Yesterday i took my painkiller like usual and suddenly i faint i was out for 2-3 minutes my wife was scared to death, she put water on my face and punch me to wake up. I rushed to hospital and they make a lot of tests but not find nothing relevant until someone told me maybe its because of painkillers (codeine phosfate) I stop taking that and i fill allot better now Yesterday i was in hospital in my feet for more than 8 hours. Im happy now because after i stop the treatment my appetite its back i start eating. My energy start comming back slow but its big diference every day Stil had pains but its nothing too big