Hello someone to ‘talk to’

• 1 reply
  • 7 subscribers

My mother has been living with IBC for 3 years without telling me.  She has decided not to getting any treatment (in her eighties and lives alone so understandable).  So I’m playing catch up.  Within 5 weeks of being told she is on medication for pain. 

Im not sure what to expect, if anything is normal because my timeframe is skewed, and how I should help her in the coming months.

has anyone else experienced the final stages untreated?

• Hi  

I am just dropping by because I noticed your post had not had any replies yet and did not want you to think it had not been seen, I more often post in the Family and friends forum because in my case it is my wife who has cancer.

One thing many find on here is a need to find what our new normal actually is and I know one thing in my case is that I had to learn how to look after myself some in order to be the best help to Janice. Perhaps the hardest element can be learning that nobody really knows what will happen tomorrow let alone months in the future. I did a living with less stress course that really helped me on that front.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge