Awaiting biopsy results

• 5 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi everyone 

I had multiple biopsies from right breast and lymph nodes last week. Clear mammogram 6 weeks earlier after c/o breast pain like mastitis, at 64. Antibiotics no good, meanwhile solid lump filling my breast. I’m absolutely terrified, is there anyone who has experience of going through this? The doctor told me to expect bad news when I go for the results next Wednesday. I can’t sleep…

• Hi . I'm not surprised you can't sleep I'm so sorry to read how insensitive your Doctor is - he/she needs a good kick where it hurts. I find it incredible to read so many times on these forums how Doctors fail to gauge the reaction of a person when they're clearly terrified on the unknown.

I'm not from this group but have alerted the Champs here who'll no doubt be along to chat to you soon and give you support.

Sending you welcoming hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thank you for your kind words xx

• Hi

I've not experienced this personally as I had a different sort of breast cancer, so didn't even know I had it until I had my first ever mammogram.  

However, I think the best piece of advice I can give you is not to panic just yet and take each day as it comes.  I'm not sure why a doctor would tell you to expect bad news because only the results will tell you categorically if it is bad news.  

Having had breast cancer, I am now over 4 years down the line and the one thing I can safely say is that the fear of what to come with my treatment etc was much, much worse than the actual treatment itself.  So, even IF it is bad news and you do have breast cancer, try not to other think it and just take each stage at a time.  So, at this stage - yes, you will be worried, but nothing is going to change with worry until you know for sure what you are dealing with.  I know it sounds trite, but I wish someone had said that to me at the time.

It would be lovely if you come back on here on Wednesday and tell us it's not cancer!

Kindest wishes, Lesley

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so much for your kind message Lesley, just what I needed at this point. I’ll post what happens on Wednesday, but as a nurse I’m pretty sure everything adds up, but it would be wonderful if not. And you’re still here, being  positive and helping me… much appreciated xx

• Hi SuzEG, I have all the symptoms of inflammatory breast cancer which started out of the blue 4 days ago. GP has given me antibiotics and I have appointment in the breast clinic in 4 weeks. The antibiotics are not working and pain and swelling in both breasts is getting worse. So scared and am trying to connect with anyone in the same position.