Recent diagnosis of Breast cancer.

• 5 replies
  • 4 subscribers

On the 20th of December I was told I have breast cancer.It's not confirmed what sort yet as I've not had my follow up meeting, but the consultant thinks it may be ibc with reactive axilla nodes. Awaiting biopsy results Rolling eyes

My meeting is not until the 11th of Jan, obviously I'm very worried & really don't know what to expect treatment wise. I'm so scared.

I was so shocked when I found out that I couldn't take in any of the information.

I'm holding off telling family and children before I know what my treatment will involve.

Would really appreciate some honest information from people who have been there about what to expect and how quickly the treatment starts.

Prayx

• Hi Bsnow

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. WhT you are feeling is perfectly natural.  Once your results are back they will be discussed at a mdt meeting where they will decide what treatment to give you. You will have surgery to remove the cancer, either a lumpectomy or mastectomy depending on the size of your tumour. They may also decide to give you chemo and radiotherapy. Once they decide your treatment plan things should start to happen fairly quickly. They may decide to give you a CT and a bone scan to see if there is any spread.

Once you have your treatment plan things should start to feel better for you.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever comes next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your response Heartpulse

• Okay, so I got my results yesterday and I'm now starting to go in to panic mode .

Diagnosed with ductal invasive BC also in my axilla nodes, grade 3 & triple negative. Now awaiting gene test results.

I have a cat scan booked next & would really like to know what to expect.

From what I've read this is fast spreading and my dreaded lumps came up very quickly.Fingers crossed we've got to it early.

Anyone else out there that has had a similar diagnosis that would be happy to share their experiences?? 

• Hi Bsnow

Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with grade 3 triple negative breast cancer. For the  cat scan you will be given a injection through a cannula to show up your organs during the scan.  You will then be brought into the scanning room and will have to lie on a narrow scan bed.  The bed will move up and down through a donut shaped machine which will issue you with instructions.  During the scan you will also receive through the cannula what they call contrast dye which will show if there is any spread.  The whole thing will take about 20 minutes.

I was diagnosed with grade 3 triple negative breast cancer with lymph node involvement over three years ago. After having chemo, surgery and radiotherapy I made a full recovery.

As a general rule triple negative though an aggressive breast cancer responds really well to chemo.

Wishing you the best of luck with your cat scan and with your results from the scan.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• So good hear you made a full recovery. The worst bit for me is the waiting.

Did they wait for your scan results before they started your chemo Daisy53? Heart️