Possible IBC

• 2 replies
  • 4 subscribers

Hello

Hoping for some support. I’ve recently attended my local breast clinic following a referral from my GP after a rash on my left breast would not get better despite antibiotics and creams. 
I am a 32 yr old female. 

I attended  the BC last week. The team examined my breast and confirmed they could see the rash and it was suspicious. I had a breast ultrasound and was then called back for a punch biopsy. 
 The findings on the ultrasound showed ‘underlying mild oedematous changes in breast tissue’ (what does this actually mean??) 

I’m very concerned as the team suggested they couldn’t rule out IBC and the biopsy was needed for further clarification. 
  The two week wait for results is excruciating. 
TIA 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

If you don't get any replies you could post your question in the Ask a Nurse section of the online community and one of the nurses should be able to tell you what ‘underlying mild oedematous changes in breast tissue’ means. To do this just click on the link I've created.

Hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait for your results

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Wave 

Sorry to read about your situation, I know how scared you must feel. I was diagnosed with IBC last year and I’m currently having radiotherapy. My initial symptoms were that my breast was larger and felt thicker, I had no rash or pain. I had a lot of oedema (fluid) in that breast to the point where I couldn’t wear a bra as none of them fitted. I know the waiting is awful, but the way I looked at it was that I would get the help I needed just as soon as they knew what the problem was, and I have to say that everyone has been brilliant. If you can try to distract yourself or find someone you can confide in until your next appointment. I hope everything goes well for you.