Think it’s back!

• 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi, does anyone have experience of HL coming back? I finished my chemo last September had PETs scan in October which was clear, two checks ok since, had a cough start 6 weeks ago which got worse& breathless GP sent me for X-ray I have fluid and partially collapsed lung, CT scan yesterday showed issues on lymph nodes, seeing haematologist tomorrow , just feeling utterly helpless at the moment, would appreciate anyone experience or it returning if your able to share please

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see you joining us and to hear about your concerns.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have Hodgkin's Lymphoma but for some context I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare (8 in a million) incurable but treatable type of Cutaneous T-Cell NHL (a type of slow growing Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma) ……. eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 when a second, also rare (4 in a million) type of aggressive Peripheral T-Cell - Not Otherwise Specified NHL (a type of fast growing High-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma) was then presenting.

Although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I most definitely appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well especially as over my first 15 years I relapsed multiply times with the longest remission being only about 9 months…… 

I am now coming up to 9 years since my last treatment and remain in remission so even although this may be a relapse you are looking at there are treatments available to fix this.

Over the years I have volunteered on here and with Lymphoma Action I have talked with many folks with HL navigate the same journey you may be on.

Always around to chat and help out.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge