body inflammation

• 5 replies
  • 21 subscribers

hi, I’m Satori Davis. I have commented on here a few years ago. I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma back in 2021 and have been remission since. For some reason, my body has always been kind of inflamed ever since treatment and my scans always come back good but I’ve been recently having random chest pains that I’ve been having for years and I have a CT scan result Check up tomorrow. and for some reason, I always feel like I’m inflamed and I don’t know why. it makes me get scared sometimes because I’m never sure because I’ve had these pains before and my scans always come back good but I just wanna know has anyone else experienced long-term inflammation since chemo treatment

I did ABVD and I did 12 rounds of it and had finished in March 2022. I always get the phantom type chest pains around where my tumor was as well as on the other side but I have not had any swollen nodes come up since. I don’t have any any symptoms of Hodgkin’s relapse either. it just freaks me out sometimes and I always get scan anxiety

• Hi again  good that you are getting this checked out.

I have a different type of incurable Lymphoma and I am now just over 8 years out from my last treatments…… and even now I do have random pains in various areas in my body……. but mainly in the areas where my mass was…. I have nerve damage in these areas but nothing else has been found and I have just learned to live through this.

I would not say that I have had felt inflamed but I did put on weight after my treatment and my BMI went up and was told I was pre-diabetic so had to get my weight down.

The post treatment recovery and being able to develop the ability to trust your body and differentiate between what is Lymphoma related and what is ‘normal’ life stuff take a good period of time to develop.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• hi thank you for your response , yeah it’s just my six month check up because I get scans and bloodwork every six months now. i’m not sure if it’s inflammation. I just say it’s inflammation because I feel it in my joints but it’s usually my joints that ache occasionally it’s not a constant thing but some days my joint hurts and some days they don’t and I feel like I might have nerve damage because where my tumor was sometimes it like makes my arm go, numb and my hand tingle

• Ah - if we are taking about joint pain….. my joint pain went on for years.

My ability to be active was greatly reduced during my 2 years treatment and also during my recovery so my muscle mass wastage was significant…… so it took a few years to build up my muscle mass…. the more I became active the more my muscles (and joints) screamed back at me…….. my CNS kept saying no pain no gain Rolling eyes

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• yeah it’s strange had the on and off joint pain. it got better when i was in the gym but i haven’t been so it’s come back. My dr. always says that some of my pains are just life   

• I find the winter the worst and as I stay way up in Northern Scotland we get some bad weather so can’t get out and be active the same - I aim for 10k steps a day…….. along with gardening and lots of projects in my workshop…….. so the damaged nerves start to grumble over the winter so I do have an exercise bike in the house that I use over the winter and also resistance bands to do stretching exercises especially for my arms and neck.

I left the Stem Cell Transplant unit in a wheelchair so had to have 3-4 months physio to get me walking then went to a weekly circuits group in my local Maggie's Centre where the cancer trained fitness instructor gave us all specific exercises that would help our nerve damage and re-build our muscle mass……. this is why I got the resistance bands.

The post treatment life can be hard work but it is worth it.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge