Chest pain

• 2 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hi, my name is Satori. I asked a question a few months back about chest pain and turns out my thymus was a little plump but my scans are clear and everything‘s OK. so I’m assuming that’s why I have chest pain. but for some reason this past week I had a a bit of alcohol and I usually don’t drink at all but for some reason tonight I had a little bit of alcohol and it’s making my chest hurt a little. I know they say that alcohol intolerance can be caused by Hodgkins and that’s what I had. but it’s kind of making me paranoid because I’ve had these chest pains before without ever drinking alcohol but now after I had a little bit i got chest pain similar a 4 hours after. so I don’t know if this is just my occasional chest pain and lower throat pain that I get or if this is from the alcohol. I wouldn’t know if pain from drinking would be straight after? i’ve heard that it’s usually right after but this pain has happened about four or five hours after. i just don’t want reoccurrence so it’s scaring me a little. i don’t have visible swollen lymphnodes or anything. and just to clarify again I have had these chest pains before my last pet scan and everything was okay. so I’m really just hoping that this is nothing. if anyone can help answer my question or if had similar issues that would help a lot to hear from anyone. my doctor of course said that these could just be normal pains and since I’ve had to deal with having cancer it just makes me overthink and maybe it’s my anxiety playing a part in the chest pain as well but i really don’t know. 

• Hi again ,  good to hear you have an answer to your questions from a few months back.

You are going to over think every ache and pain for a long time…… It took me a good two years before most but not all of my post treatment aches and pains went….. but over 6 years out I still have some lingering pains that keep turning up….. but I know it’s all ‘normal’ body stuff and I am able to pigeonhole it all.

Unfortunately some people do develop a long term if not life long intolerance to alcohol post these treatments as the chemo is so strong it can do damage that can cause pain when having a drink - do remember that alcohol is basically a drug.

Anxiety is debilitating and can indeed cause aches and pains so you need to look at ways of filtering this out.

Lymphoma Action is a small but very active UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, videos and run regular Lymphoma Online Support Groups. I highly recommend these groups as there is nothing better than talking with other who have walked or are walking the same the journey.

You are still learning to navigate this post treatment world. You may want to have a look at the Lymphoma Action Live your Life programme peer-led interactive online workshops for people who have completed treatment.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for replying! i will forsure check that out. thank you so much