Salivary Gland Carcinoma

• 1 reply
  • 36 subscribers

So have had my meeting with the Oncology team and they were all very positive. Plan is for surgery with a flap to be taken from inside my cheek to cover the large hole that will be left in the roof of my mouth. In addition I will have a healing plate screwed in for about 6 weeks. Ridiculously, it is this healing plate that is terrifying me more than anything else at the moment- had a total meltdown just having the impressions taken.

I had thought that I was going to have a couple of weeks to get my head around things but got a call today to say my surgery is on Monday.

Will find out about any next steps that might be needed post surgery once they have been able to check the tumour itself and any margins.

Current anxiety level is through the roof

• Just breath trust the team they do this as their daily jobs. You will be scared anxious etc but you’ll get through it. I used to practice yoga breathing and taking my mind into nice place holidays bike rides walks. Anything to distract. 

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help