yet another cancelled appointment

• 4 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Since my partial glossectomy in April this year I have seen the consultant once in early May.  I was clear and follow up management and what to be aware of discussed

After 2 cancelled appt in the summer I spoke with CNS as I had a wobble!!! due to not being seen and they arranged for me to see someone else in department.

While she allayed my fears - I still have not seen the surgeon.  So i was glad to receive appt in September for late Oct appointment.  But today it has been cancelled.  Third time!!

So it is now six months post operation that I have not been seen,  While I had every confidence in my consultant I am now becoming rather disillusioned, plus spent several days last week with the burning tongue I have had is past.

Has anyone else experienced this in there follow up treatment?  Should mention the agreed follow up was for 2 monthly reviews.

• Has anyone else experienced this in there follow up treatment?  Should mention the agreed follow up was for 2 monthly reviews.

Hi Julie. In my second year I wasn’t seen for 9 months due to Covid but I did have phone appointments 

Are you able to speak to your CNS? Tell them your native tongue is sore and you need to be seen ( don’t be alarmed, burning tongue isn’t serious but telling your CNS your tongue hurts might get them moving)

I definitely think they need to keep an eye on you. xx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks Dani

I actually see her next Monday and will chat to her about it, tongue settled alittle today - but TBH just niggled at how many appt cancelled.

My dentist said to use salt water rinse as soothes and it has.  

Hope all is well with you and yours

Julie xx

• We are we fine thanks. 
    Stan is gearing up for a new half knew at the beginning of December 

We are having to pay ourselves or wait 5 years! 
    xxx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Glad to here you are ok.  Wont write what I think about poor Stan - unprintable - mine is getting a little more painful but nothing a few tabs and bag frozen peas doesnt right - at least for now.  Hubbys uncle waited 16 months over in Cheshire.

Little less waiting time up here with the conveyer belt knee and hip they have going.

Hope all goes well, love to Stan

Julie x