Update from Mad Meg

• 11 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Oral cancer inside cheek, Stage 2. 30 sessions RT in Jan/Feb. Final scans showed area of doubt. Another two biopsies and much fear and worry by me, supported by the pals on here. It so, so, helps to know folks understand.

Well, today was the day and I was prepared (I think!!) for the worst but it was the best!!!. No sign of cancer in the biopsies. As folks have suggested, it was likely scar tissue that had yet to settle down. He admitted he had dug deep with the biopsies so that is why I am still so sore after nearly 3 weeks, but hey, a bit of pain is nothing to me now. Funny how you see things differently after good news.

I will have another scan in 3 months, he said no point any sooner. As several on here have said, sometimes they do them too soon.

And even more good news  my younger daughter is expecting a baby. After several years of trying the third round of IVF has worked. This must be the best week of my life.

I hope for many more - and wish the same for all of you.

Meg xxxx

• Oh wonderful news, new granny-to-be! 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Wonderful news Meg. Congratulations so happy to hear about your daughter as well. What a great year for you.

Lyn

x

Sophie66

• Hu wonderful news all round. Yes often the scans are done too soon but great news. Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• wow two lots of amazing news 

Enjoy life … enjoy every moment when your new grandchild arrives x

Debbie

• This is wonderful news. So happy for you. Grandchildren are just the best gift ever xx

• Thanks to everyone in joining in my good news.

Just to say I already have two grandchildren, boy 12 and girl 10 who live abt 30 miles away and have been a delight to us. The new gc will be nearly 200 miles away so I might want to do a lot of travelling!!! Very fortunately we get on well with both daughters and their hubbies. Daughter No 2 is nearly 41, unfortunately had a long-term relationship that turned sour, so extra pleased that she has found a good man to share her life with. The timing couldn't have been better.

Of course both the pregnancy and my prognosis could be premature but fingers crossed - as for everyone else on here.

An important hobby to me has been/is Family History Research so I'd better crack on with the new father-to-be as I haven't done much work on him. Haven't yet found anyone famous nor gone back to 1066. 

Meg xxx

• Very sadly my daughter's IVF treatment didn't work - the sac has nothing in it. However, it has to be passed out so she will effectively have to endure a miscarriage. I sometimes wonder why most of us are so desperate to be parents cos seeing them upset is worse than being upset yourself. 

Hopefully third time lucky for her and we can both start 2025 in a more positive frame of mind.

Meg xxx

• Sorry Meg 

I lost my first child at 22 weeks so I feel for you all

I hope she has better luck next time

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Meg. So sorry to hear this news.  Sending love to your family from ours. 

hugs 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Oh Dani that is so heartbreaking, I am so sorry for you. My elder daughter also had a mis, but she was 13 years younger than my second currently is (41). Unfortunately she had a long-term relationship in her 20s/early 30s that went very wrong so had resigned herself to a life alone - till Andy popped up a few years ago. There's still lots of hope.

Meg