6 years on :-)

• 4 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi all :-)

Some may remember me, just a quick post and quick catch up as it's 6 years today since I had my 1st operation for jaw cancer.

Still got a bit of swelling between neck and chin, a bit of an overbite and can only open my mouth about an inch but apart from that all is good.

Was slipping back in to bad habits of just sitting behind a keyboard for far too long, but snapped out of it by helping the wife with her dog walking round and starting up golf again.

Will stop and have a read of a few posts while I'm back

• Hi Terry 

Really good to hear from you again and glad you are well.

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks,

nice to see the same old faces here

I'll try and stay and do a bit more lurking Slight smile

Made it to Christmas, made it to my birthday, had a nice summer, made it to my 2nd (and 3rd) Christmas now writing a blog about my treatment - https://www.1in1440.co.uk/april-2018-you-have-cancer/
  • Hi Terry

That's great, 6 years is a real milestone  sounds like you are doing well. Never too late to start up some exercise, I need to follow your example. 2 years since my last op for jaw cancer and all going well for me too albeit with a few side effects but nothing I can't manage. I will be happy when I get to 6 years like you.

Got a few more things on my bucket list yet so I am working on those. I am planning a holiday to Port Lincoln with my husband when the weather warms up a bit in October or November (I live in Australia so currently in winter) We go on holiday self catering as it saves a lot of money and also I can then cook the food I can manage so it is a plus all around.

Sending you my best wishes

Lyn

Sophie66

• Hi Penrod, that's a real milestone. I think it's good to mark these times, I'm sure it helps, those who are coming along behind us, to see you can get through this with good results.

Ray.