One year clear

• 5 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi all

It is 12 months since I finished chemoradiation for tongue cancer T3N2M0. I had previously had 2 heart attacks and have myasthenia gravis so operating was not considered appropriate.

Treatment was brutal but I got through and was given the all-clear is August last year. To still be hear is miraculous (even consultant and cancer nurse said they’d been surprised).

I still get very tired at times and have Lymphodaema, sticky mucus and other minor issues but that’s a small price to pay. 

Things get really tough but stick with it and, for those recovering, take it steady. I’m hopelessly impatient and sometimes get frustrated by what I can’t do. Then I give myself a slap and revel in all the things I can do.

• Greta news   and thanks for the update. It can't have been easy for you and I'm so pleased you are finding the joy in life again. Keep going. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Dani

i cannot understate how much you helped me through and after treatment. I hit some really low points and your positive encouragement was a great boost.

David

• David...thank you so very much. it means a lot to me that you are well. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi DaddyBear

Treatment is very tough..... you survived and are thriving....I finished chemoradio in June 2023.....had a rough time for a few months after then things started to improve... still improving....

Patience is a virtue ... like yourself I think I can carry on as before then get brought back to earth with a bump.... just need to be careful ....live well with the extra time we have been given.

Take care 

Peter 

• Hi Great news the one year mark is a great one. Yes think  we all have given ourself the slap occasionally! Onwards and upwards. 

hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help