Ooops

• 7 replies
  • 30 subscribers

So sat in sun with my wife and decided to open a bottle of bubbles two glasses Champagne glass after not having a drink since last November, thought I’d be ok as only have a sore throat and eating soft food.  How bloody wrong could I be I have a brick in my throat.  And heartburn. So it’s self inflicted because I’m a muppet

• Try a real ale, maybe a stout or a Guiness. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi try alchol free ,I’m the oddball I can’t touch any alcohol so an alchol free lager does it for me.  Had one this afternoon. Formyiu its still early days. remember that. 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thanks hazel.  I must learn patience 

• If only there was a laughter emoji! 

We have all pushed the boundaries a little too far on occasions and lived to tell of the experience. 

After my ops I found real ale much more to my taste.  Now, post chemoradiation I am longing to experiment with alcohol once I am off the opioids - 2 weeks and counting for them to taper off!  Bubbles may be too much initially, although sparkling mineral water is OK, so there is hope.  But I definitely want to experiment with direct ingestion of alcohol through my g-Tube, which the community dietitians say is commonly done Laughing

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Hi Paul 

I have developed a taste for Guinness 0% alcohol.... easy drinking and gentle on the throat 

Peter 

• But I definitely want to experiment with direct ingestion of alcohol through my g-Tube

RoflRofl

Journalist John Diamond was a friend of my first husband. He never gave up partying even when he was dying of throat cancer and that’s exactly what he used to do. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge