Progress…… all good, finally!

• 5 replies
  • 32 subscribers

I am nearly 3 months post RT, and feeling great. PET Scan due on 10/4/24 and MRI soon to determine outcome. My taste has come back, not quite the same, appetite gradually returning, although I get full quickly, so I eat little and often. My oncologist and dietician are pleased with my progress and I feel so much better for losing 1.5 stone in the process. I gained weight purposely before treatment, doctors orders, but the weight loss was fast after treatment stopped because of the awful after effects; nausea, vomiting, throat and mouth pain. I felt at one point I was never going to feel human again, but all symptoms subsided and I found I was able to eat again in small amounts. The Food link complete drinks prescribed by oncology and dispensed by my local pharmacy have been a godsend when I’ve needed calories but eating was difficult. Onwards and upwards, now the RT fatigue has gone. Anyone out there struggling; it does get better, I didn’t believe it would, but it has!!! Good luck all!!

cockapoo Sue

• Hi Sue

That is great news. Congratulations on finishing the treatment and I am so glad that you are feeling so well again after your grueling experience.

Treatment is definitely challenging but it really makes you appreciated how well you can feel again. I know I wake up every morning now feeling optimistic and looking forward to what the day will bring. You can get into a rut and not really appreciate life until you have experienced something as hard as cancer treatment.

Have a wonderful life.

Lyn

Sophie66

• Onwards and upwards, now the RT fatigue has gone. Anyone out there struggling; it does get better, I didn’t believe it would, but it has!!! Good luck all!!

Well done Sue. I suffered off and on from RT fatigue fur a good nine months. There are some amazing recovery stories out there. Just yesterday I was chatting to a young lady who one day short of her six weeks had walked her dog five miles and reported no mucositis at all thanks to PBM. 
    I recall swapping notes with Hazel about how we both looked like and felt death when our oncologists had finished with us. I wasn’t anywhere near fit for six months. But that was five years ago. Treatment techniques are improving all the time. 
    So your news is really lovely to read 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Sue. Brill news for others who will unfortunately follow on in your footsteps. One life just live it. 
    Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• super! so pleased for you.

Mike 

• Hi Sue, so pleased you are feeling so well. It's posts like yours, that inspire those coming along behind us.

Ray.