After RT - You lot are so right lol

• 5 replies
  • 33 subscribers

It's been 3 days since my last RT and I was doing great until yesterday. OMG it just came on out of nowhere, I know you all said it may happen but I really did think I'd be way better than this lol

I've started taking Oxycodone along with the paracetamol which I have to put down the PEG as I can only swallow a bit of water. It's making me so tidied I fall asleep after taking it! Also used it to feed today which I haven't done before, thankfully nothng exciting about that. 

As I'm writing this I just remember the Laxido, definitely don't want that issue ever again! Must go find the box! Laughing

• Hi Dee. 
    just plod on. 
    I spent most if the first two weeks post treatment sleeping on the sofa. 
    Hugs

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Sleep, sleep, sleep. Rest & recover  Take pain meds on schedule, plus the Laxido. It does get better eventually. 

• This is perfectly normal to feel exhausted. Your body has gone through a very very harsh treatment. Take the time to look after yourself. I slept so much after the treatment...I had bought a onesie and a fluffy blanket as I knew that the side effect of the treatment would hit me hard. Be kind to yourself and take one day at a time. 

• HimDee just take it one day at a time  don’t plan too,far I’m advance it will,get better l like Dani slept a lot in the first 2 weeks as long as I was hydrated and fed I just ate slept and kept my oral hygiene up. There will be light at the end of the tunnel. 
    hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Know exactly what you mean. I finished RT 1 Sept. I'm sleeping so much! 9-10 hours at night, a kip in the morning on the sofa, go to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon. I have enough energy to do a few things in the morning but by the afternoon I'm just watching tv if I'm not sleeping. And yes, laxido:) When I had the tonsillectomy I took morphine with no laxatives for 12 days... Don't want to do that again!

Mike