Immunotherapy - Cancer vaccine trial

• 51 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi everyone, haven't posted in quite sometime but here's a little update on my immunotherapy journey following the recurrence of oropharyngeal cancer last year after 18 years of being cancer free.

So, last time I posted I was about to start Immunotherapy (Pembrolizumab) I was on that for around 6 months. Unfortunately it was only managing to hold the tumour at bay, it continued to increase in size very slightly at each scan.

I was extremely fortunate to be offered a place on the Modi 1 cancer vaccine trial, i was the first patient on cohort 2 and have had 3 doses to date. My scan results have shown a reduction in tumour size by 30'40% which is just amazing. I'm feeling really well and my swallow has improved significantly.

I have my next scan on 30th of Nov, I'll update you again after that and in the meantime I'm hoping and praying the tumour has continued to shrink. 

I hope this gives some of you hope that there are so many incredible people working hard to help us all and that there are options out there for us.

Hope that everyone is staying as well as you possibly can be. Keep the fight going, there is light at the end of this tunnel. Stay strong.

Trish 'xxx