Quick Update

• 14 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hello All

Not been on here for a while, was taking my 3 months off from the roller coaster.  Been back at work doing my 10 hours a week in 2 shifts, to be honest it has been harder than I thought in terms of energy levels but also been good for my mental health in term s of some normality.

I had my first camera up the nose in over a year this week, good news is everything looks OK.  Found it funny when consultant said they would see me every two months now.  I asked if this was necessary as they have left me a year without a look see.  I have a phone consult with lung oncology on Monday which I am not happy about, I have had no letters and last conversation said this 3 month check was to have a chest xray and discuss, no xrays booked so this will be a waste of time....  Also have IBD on Friday first time in 2 years due to other things going on.  Ho hum,   Regarding lungs I get hay fever and due to scarring left on my face and nose and the radiotherapy have been struggling a bit wheezing like some old bagpipes, dont think I will get much better on this score but it does not help with the fatigue.  Still get some bad days where I feel wiped out.

Next Friday is going to be fun, I have Sherman booked in the groomers at 9.00 he takes 2 hours to do, then supposed to be in the hospital at 12.15 if I make it with the manic lunch time traffic on a Friday, then have to get the cat to the kennels at 2.00pm because we are off on holibobs to Cornwall with Sherman early hours of Saturday.  Going glamping on the hills near St Ives, its all dog friendly as the lady that owns it has 8 Newfoundlands but its the first time we have gone away with Sherman.  Keep your eye on the Cornish local papers as we get barred from everywhere with his naughtiness.  Have visions of a dog fastened to a bell tent being chased by two humans flying over the Cornish hills.  He may be an angel ha ha.

Anyway keep safe and well all, if anything happens from all my check ups will let you know but fingers crossed, I keep telling everyone that the devil decided against me and has sent me back to annoy everyone a bit more, hells not ready for a mad St Bernard lady.

Lots of love

Mo xx

• Oh Mo. You brighten my day when you post. Heaven awaits you but not just yet. I bet Sherman will be as good as gold and not let you down. 
    I’m so pleased you are coping so well with what’s been thrown at you. 
    Have a great holiday and don’t share too many Cornish teas with Sherman. And don’t forget, always jam first. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Mo

Your holiday sounds as though it is going to be fabulous especially after all the Covid stuff. We are taking our small dog (he is a miniature pincer) on holiday with us when we go to Kangaroo Island in South Australia but not glamping like you, we have hired a house so will be relaxing in style. Only concern is traveling over in the ferry as it can get a bit rough. We have our sea sick tablets ready and my daughter is going to the vet to see if she can get something for Sunny. I don't think a sea sick dog would be any fun.

Glad everything is going well with you healthwise and best of luck for the check ups.

Lyn

Sophie66

• Lovely to read your update Mo.  You obviously haven't been naughty enough for hell yet.

Have a great holiday -.sounds like Sherman will.

Take care.

Linda x

• Hi Mo. Fabulous to read your latest update cant wait to read  about the escapades in a field  in Cornwall ! 8 Newfoundland dogs brave lady. 
    nuts brill to hear all us well with the camera and fingers x for everything else. 
    Enjoy your  cream teas and camping adventures,

onwards and upwards. 
    hugs Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Great to hear from you Mo.  As ever you are making the very best of whatever is thrown your way - and you've had more than you fair share.

Hayfever has been a right bitch this year!  Hopefully Cornwall  will see some fresh breezes to blow away the the pollen.

Enjoy your holiday!

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Hello Everyone, just thought I would swing past and update with a letter I received this morning from Genetics.  Those of you that have followed my strange roller coaster ride know that they were looking into my genes to find a cause for the multiple growths some cancerous some classed as Keratoacanthoma's.  After 6 months of waiting it has now been confirmed that I have Ferguson Smith Syndrome, this is a very rare condition and I await an update with the genetics team later this month to discuss.  A bit concerned that this is familial so my children and grandchildren will have inherited it in some form.  Well always knew I was a rare old bird and just had it confirmed.

Hope all of you are doing well.  My latest tests all seem to be OK which is great news although I have just had a chest infection which knocked me flat probably due to having a bit less lung.  Sherman is being a good boy and enjoyed his week in Cornwall where much to my surprise he was beautifully behaved.

Here he is at Lands End.

Lots of love Mo xx

• Hi Mo. Thank heavens they’ve got to the bottom of it. I had to look it up; it explains everything that’s happened. You’ve had to endure so much uncertainty. 
    Sherman looks really cool in his natty bib. I hope you managed a good time, all of you. 
    onwards and forwards then and fingers crossed for the family xx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi mo

Fabulous picture good old Sherman keeping you on your toes. Re your news good they’ve got back  tk you now you need to know the consequences. Sending g hugs to you snd your family. 
    Yes a rare special bird that’s you xx
    love Hazel just cycled 46 lm in Wales on holiday all good with me xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• 46 miles you crazy lady, i struggle through a shift at work lol.  Well done you and glad all is well.

• Lol typo from me 46 kilometres oops but did  walk 19mkm yesterday. Remember Mo I onky had one cancer and am at end if month  3 years !!!!! Post treatment xxh 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz