New to the group

• 20 replies
  • 143 subscribers

Just thought I’d say hello.

51 year old male diagnosed with tonsil cancer, HPV16+, going through radiotherapy after tonsillectomy and neck dissection.

• Hi and welcome. 
    I’m Dani and I’m five plus years clear of RT for HPV+ SCC and living really well 
    How far along are you? 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Mosschops

A warm welcome to the group from me.hope radiotherapy is going as well as can be expected .

This is a really supportive group of people who have their own unique experience of H&N Cancer. Always someone willing to listen and post back to you.

Never a daft question, 

Wishing you all the best for the rest of your treatment 

Debbie

(T4 2Nb MO HPV+

• Hi, today was the 12th bout of radiotherapy out of a total 30. 

• Hi Mosschops

Tough gig, ask about anything, we have all walked the treatment walk, plenty of support and sound advice available, keep posting 

Peter 

• Your nearly halfway ..do you have any side effects.. do you have a feeding tube (PEG PIG RIG )?

• Hi Mosschops, welcome, sorry you have to be here of course (the reason sucks.)  I am going through the same as yourself, tonsil cancer and a cancerous lymph node on the left side.  I have had a bi-lateral tonsillectomy, which I was told didn't have enough margin and so they had to go in a second time to remove more tonsil tissue and I had a neck dissection to remove the node in my neck.  I am due to get the pathology results on the 10th September to hear what will be the next leg of my treatment (possibly the same as you radiotherapy and maybe chemotherapy.

Good luck with the rest of your treatments and anything you need to know, everyone on here has been super helpful and supportive and everyone has had a similar journey, so they all know what we are going through.

Fingers crossed radio/chemo goes well for you.

Hugs

Hazel x

• Started to lose my taste midway through the second week, still got some now dependant on what I’m eating. Mouth is becoming drier as the days go on and a sore developed on my cheek, but looks like it is trying to heal? I don’t have a PEG fitted but my team has discussed being reactive if necessary…I’m guessing nasal feed possibly. 

• I don’t have a PEG fitted but my team has discussed being reactive if necessary…I’m guessing nasal feed possibly. 

It’s what I had. It was a godsend. Let me feed overnight by pump leaving the day free of all the feeding palaver. 
    I took it out myself at home when its job was done. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Sounds like your doing really well so far , glad your team have discussed nasal tube. in case feeding orally becomes too painful/impossible.

post whebever you need a chat rant advice orlistening ear.

Debbie

• Hi I had my ng tube fitted week 3 it was a game changer it enabled me to make a great recovery and get through the last b4 weeks of treatment without the stress if struggling to eat or drink  sufficiently. 
    It was my lifesaver. Dont fear the tube I fed during day with a pump in a rucksack enabled me to potter around many overnight feed its personal choice 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help