Hello

• 9 replies
  • 140 subscribers

I have been suffering from oral epithelial dysplasia on my tongue for more than 15 years and had few wider excisions on the affected areas.  The most recent excision was carried out last month and have just found out that the test results had small cancer.  They are going to arrange various scans to identify what needs to be done. I am absolutely terrified.  Also I am concerned about how my husband will cope with it because his ex-wife passed away due to cancer.

I wanted to communicate with people who are going through this difficult time.

Thanks.

• Hi Ultraman. Welcome to our small community. The waiting and fear of the unknown is the worse part. Hopefully with the cancer being found early you may not need radiotherapy. Remember head and neck cancers do  have a very good cure rate especially when found early. 
    Cancer treatments are increasingly getter better results and please dont compare  your husbands ex wife’s cancer to yours. Am sure he will be a great help to you.  
    there’s lots of us in here living a great life. I’m 6 years post treatment and happily living a great life. 
    please keep busy and fingers x you don’t need to wait too long for treatment plan. 
    if you do need radiotherapy there’s lots of us on here to help. 

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Hi Raz

Thank you very much. I didn't know where to turn to and who to talk to but I think I found a right place.  

Ultraman

• Hi you’re welcome. It’s fear  if the unknown. We all understand I was in a similar place may 2018. My world fell apart but here I am 6 years further on.

if you type in search bar tongue cancer you’ll get more results. 
    there’s also a f/b group we can’t put link on here if you’re under 60 you can join. 
    look for young tongues it might help as well. 

hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Thanks for the additional information. I will have a look.

Great connecting with you.

Takako aka Ultraman

• there’s also a f/b group we can’t put link on here

Yes we can. It’s 

https://www.youngtonguesglobal.com/

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks Dani didn’t think we could use it I’ll book mark it 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

• Thanks Dani didn’t think we could use it I’ll book mark it 

You cannot link FB or X but you can linK a charity. I usually add that YT have an active FB group which you can find find on their home page 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • Just to update my situation after my first post. I had various scans and they came back all clear but since I had lots of dental treatment, MRI scan around my mouth was not very clear. I am due to have oral Ultrasound next Monday. I was told that my tongue cancer is stage 1.  Depends on the ultrasound result, we will decide whether to just have excision of the area or excision plus remove some of lympha nodes. If I don't need to remove the lympha nodes, then I was told to have scan on my neck every 3 months.

I am trying not to think about what is going to happen but found very difficult. I am so so scared Fearful .

Takako aka Ultraman 

• You have some replies in the new thread you started. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge