I am new here. My group name is Musu

• 5 replies
  • 139 subscribers

I'm post head and neck cancer 2 months ago. 

• Hi Musu

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to ask any questions and hear the experience of others who have been in  a similar situation. Could you give a bit more info about the type of head and neck cancer you had treatment for as there are quite a few different ones so experiences may vary a bit. I had jaw cancer and radiotherapy and finished my treatment in 2022 and am back to living a great life although with a new normal.

I had so much support from people on this forum it made such a difference to me as I felt there were others who really understood my situation.

How are you doing now after your treatment?

Lyn

Sophie66

• Hi Musu

This is an excellent forum....all posting here have been on the cancer journey

How are you doing...,?

T2N1M0 HPV16+ tonsil cancer...finished ChemoRadio June 2023...still recovering....tough gig.

Feel free to ask any question

Peter

• Hello  

I'm glad you've joined us. Your recovery is just starting. At two months I was only just beginning to eat and still feeling pretty shattered. It's steps back and forward but largely forward and I'm now well past five years clear, alive well and kicking. How are you feeling? 

Apart from your body which will heal your mind needs a little help too. This is a good place to start 

After the treatment finishes.....then what? 

It's a piece by Psychologist Dr Peter Harvey who worked with cancer patients. It resonates with many of us. Just click on the link I've made

Please stay with us,  we can help make things a little easier.

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Musu, welcome to the group from me. This is a great place to check in if you have any questions or worries. You can have a chat or have a good old rant, we all know what this journey is like. We are all here to help each other where we can, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have.

Ray. 

• Hi Musu. Welcome from me let us know a little more about your cancer mine was tonsil cancer I’m now 6 years since treatment started. 
    Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help