New to this

• 4 replies
  • 137 subscribers

My partner has been diagnosed with stage 3 throat cancer. No symptoms at all but now we’re in the life of radiotherapy & chemotherapy. Anyone else in the same position? 
im so scared 

• Hi BB

T2N1M0 tonsil cancer HPV16+..ChemoRadio finished June 2023

ChemoRadio is a very tough gig....but a 90% cure rate for HPV16+ cancers

It is frightening, most on here have been there, stick with this forum, ask ANY question, plenty of sound advice and support.

Take care and best of luck

Peter

• Hi  

I can’t help with the same stage as I was stage 2 but my treatment is five years plus behind me and I just wanted to welcome you here and say hello. 
    I presume your partner’s cancer is HPV positive as that fits your description. 
    HPV driven throat cancer is really sensitive to radiation and is curable in most patients. 
    There are a few people here just about to start treatment or have just finished and I’m sure they will pop on with help. 
    Stay with us. Ask anything you want. Somebody will know the answer. 
    Has your partner started treatment yet? 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi BBx

Sadly it is a very scary time ,our cancers are graded by size your husbands is a T3 mine was a T4 and had spread from right tonsil to base of tongue and activity in left one too ( also spread quite far down right lymphs in neck.

I finished in December and after 7 weeks radiotherpy and 2/3 overnight chemos , treatment has worked .

It was brutal and sadly I was very i’ll for several weeks but I would do it all again to have the same outcome Im one of the 90% that tteatment works for and just had my second holiday.

Take one day at a time talk to the team about and changes /pain / side effects don’t let him suffer in silence. 

He can listen to music if he wants I made a playlist it took my mind of it all.

This group will support you anytime you need to text or ask a question.

Debbie

• Hi welcome from me  it’s a scary time I’m 6 years post treatment. 35 radiotherapy and 2 of a planned 3 chemo happily living my life. Ask any question s we’re all happy to help. 
    Hazel

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help