Nasal cancer

• 4 replies
  • 125 subscribers

i I’m new here. Iv had a lump inside my nose for about 3 years septum wall it has been growing slowly also Iv been having drenching night sweats for a while. I seen ENT department in March they said it’s definitely not a polyp but they’re not to worried about it being anything serious because I’m young. Nether the less I was in surgery a week later to get the whole thing removed the surgeon told me the results would be back in 2 weeks. It’s nearly been 5 weeks now and still nothing!! I keep ringing to secutery to see if they’re back but I think she’s getting annoyed with me phoning every week. I know that the HPV virus can cause nasal cancer Iv already had sever pre cancerous cells removed from my cervix cause by HPV virus so I don’t know if it could be connected. Thanks for reading I just don’t know what to do I feel so lost at the moment 

• Hi Courtney, waiting for results is awful, we all know the feeling. Don't be put off ringing the secretary., because she gets annoyed, you are worried, and she should be aware of that, doing the job she is doing. So keep ringing until you get the results.

Ray.

• Thank you so much I will 

• Nether the less I was in surgery a week later to get the whole thing removed the surgeon told me the results would be back in 2 weeks. It’s nearly been 5 weeks now and still nothing!! I keep ringing to secutery to see if they’re back but I think she’s getting annoyed with me phoning every week. I know that the HPV virus can cause nasal cancer Iv already had sever pre cancerous cells removed from my cervix cause by HPV virus

Hi   Yes definitely keep chasing and chase every day. 
    There is more of a connection between Epstein Barr virus and nasal cancer rather than HPV but anyway don’t overthink things and just keep pushing for that  result. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  •   I had a nasal lump on the septum wall, which erupted a day after the MRI!! Pretty neon yellow gunk. Now all gone, all good, for the nose at least! Hope yours is nothing too.