Hello all

• 5 replies
  • 134 subscribers

Hello all, been diagnosed with throat cancer(tonsil area mass-one noticeable hard lymph node on neck). Diagnosis has come from a biopsy on mass in throat , had MRI plus CT scan.Awaiting my first appointment with ent consultant who will discuss staging and hopefully treatment. Will be back with my stage of cancer after meeting on the 18/9. Obviously nervous but reading blogs on here has been a help. Many thanks for these .

• Good luck  

The treatment is a challenge but doable. 
    Stay with us. We will help where we can. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Shcb

So sorry to read your message Im only one step ahead of you you can click on my name and read my bio so far.This group are fab so supportive with helpful messages tips and hints plus the biggest thing I needed as a newbie which is hope……. this is a terrifying time and if like me you will be up and down like a yo-you but stay with the group who can really understand and support you through this xx I keep trying to distract  my brain with planning holidays, looking at photos ,going for walks,watching anything on TV…….what ever works for you !!it helps me not to go down the slippery slope of negative thoughts. 

Good luck for the 18th x

• Good luck Shcb!

l found waiting for treatment, the hardest part, so far in my journey. I distracted myself with daily treats ( ie things that give me pleasure but don’t necessarily involve spending money. ). So, anything from indulging in my favourite dark choc with marzipan, walking our 2 cocker spaniels, sitting in the garden & enjoying the beauty, listening to music ( loud) etc. Doing what l would ordinarily do ( nice things) too, also helped. Eg. Meeting friends for coffee & cake, ( I shared my news  with some friends but not all) seeing family & going out with my husband, who found some new places to visit, have lunch etc. 

When the treatment starts - it passes by v quickly & takes up most of your time/headspace. It is 4 weeks now since my RT/ chemo ended. I now have to deal with after effects & waiting for the 16 week scan but l still find this preferable to the beginning. We are all different, of course but hope this might help.

Sending you warm vibes… 

Ps.. l did buy myself a new bag at that time - but that’s my weakness…& it was handy during chemo to carry my book & head phones..

• Hi welcome to the group none of us wanted to join but here you are, we will,all try to help you. It’s hard, but if I can do it, anyone can  i was 61 diagnosed..

ask any questions Hazel, 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hello. I’m 17 months post treatment for tonsil & lymph node hpv 16+
    stick with us - ask anything - you can do this!